Followers

Thursday 14 February 2013

Male Birthday Cards

PSST - I HAVE BLOG CANDY!


As I seem to have come down with a slight cold, I'm busy sneezing my head off today, which is in no way conductive to getting anything crafty done, but I thought I'd share a couple of cards I made last week and didn't post.

I pulled a couple of all nighters while my grandmother was sick and in between times when she was sleeping, I thought I might as well be productive and work on a couple of cards a friend had requested.

The first one is for a 40th birthday - and uses DIY Chester from Pollycraft!



I coloured him with my promarkers: cool grey 4, cool grey 3, warm grey 2, warm grey 1, ruby, poppy, sandstone and caramel. The paper is from Fancypants Designs 'The Good Life' pack on a black card base. The sentiment is computer generated and I added twine and gems to embellish.

The second one is for a 10 year old boy who loves maths!



I really ended up liking this one, but first, I wracked my brains for weeks... (no, seriously, weeks!) I didn't have anything 'mathy' in my stamps or digi stamp collections... never mind in my papers! But once I got my hands on Authentique's Curiosity paper pad, that was at least one of the two taken care of!

A cursory look through my digi stamps and I was still wracking my brain until I came across this 'Casper too Cool for School' digi from Pollycraft. He wasn't very 'mathy' but the paper would take care of that! I coloured him with my promarkers: black, slate, cool grey 4, cool grey 3, warm grey 2, warm grey 1, spice, mustard, gold, buttercup, yellow, vanilla, blush, marine, china blue and denim blue.

The sentiment is computer generated and I added a few gems to embellish.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.