Followers

Thursday 13 December 2012

365 Cards - Day 287 (Happy and Sad)

It's opposites week on 365 Cards and today's opposites are 'happy and sad'. I pondered this for a while and a quote popped into my head... and then I pondered some more over what to do with the quote! I supposed it could have been used for a sympathy card or something like that, but it didn't quite suit what I wanted, so I started digging through my digital stamps to see what inspiration struck and eventually this is what I came up with:







The card and matching bookmark both use the same image from Digi Darla and I added the computer generated sentiment over the top in Open Office. I love to read and so do a lot of my friends and thinking about how a really good book can make me happy, but also make me feel sad when it's over, it seemed a good fit for the quote!

I coloured the images with promarkers: Sandstone, caramel, vanilla, blush, buttercup, mustard, gold, china blue, sky blue, poppy, ruby, marsh green, forest green, slate and chestnut.

I layered both images onto yellow card (another deliberate choice to use a 'happy' colour and then blue in my image as in 'feeling blue' - I may have over thought it, lol!) and then onto the kraft bases. To the card I added some button twine, a button and some gems as well as a pocket inside to hold a gift card (to a book store of course!) and to the bookmark, I punched a whole and added some ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.