Followers

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Westie, Thinking Of You



I used New Leaf papers from Mindy Terasawa (I'm really loving these papers at the moment!) and layered it on brown card. The Westie digi came from Birds Cards and I filled in the nose, eyes and ears and promarkers, sponging around him lightly with orange pink and also sponging over the embossed panels on either side. Cut the border with my x-cut lace trim punch and added the silver ribbon, tying a bow and adding a button from my stash. I then cut the flowers with my x-cut dies and added the stampin' up sentiment before I finished the whole thing with pearls.

I had honestly forgotten I had this digi until I went looking through my files for a cute animal digi stamp - which is a shame on me, really, because we have a westie, which is one of the reasons I dl'd it in the first place!
Billy


Anyway... for the card, I used another sketch from The Sweet Shop, as part of their 3rd Birthday celebrations! - I was actually following the blog when this sketch came up the first time, but I didn't get chance to do it, so I'm glad I was happy to take the chance now. It's sketch #140.


I'm also submitting this for the following challenges:
- Creative Inspirations #161 - Animal Antics
- Cute Card Thursday #214 - Animal Magic
- Chocolate, Coffee and Cards #11 - Bingo (I used Emboss/Flowers/Ribbon)
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Secret Crafter Saturday #183 - Cute 'n Fluffy
- LEJ Designs Challenge Blog #1 - Anything Goes
- CCEE Stampers #1217 - Use Scallops, Flowers and Buttons



12 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a cute card, I love the beautiful image and the colours are fab. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card. Such a sweet image. Glad you found it! :o) The flower embellishments look great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any card with a dog on it is adorable! This is a perfect image for the sketch you chose...love the border punch! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card I love the image and papers. Thank you for taking part at LEJ Design challenge. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow,love this,I have a westie too,and oh your little,chap is just adorable,and see he has just had a hair cut too,hugs Cherylxxxxx
    opps thanks for playing at LEJ designs,too Hun,xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge for our Cute and Fluffy Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning colour and sweet dog image thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant creation hun! Thanks for joining in at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card - that dog looks just like yours! Great work! Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch! I hope you will join us again! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well both image and dog are gorgeous!! :) Love the papers you have used too! Thanks for joining us at LEJ this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.