Followers

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sponge Layer Card



This weeks "Just Us Girls" Challenge #132 was a technique challenge, to create a card using a sponge layer.



It's the first time I've tried this technique, although I love seeing it on other peoples cards and I am not totally happy with it, but I don't think it's bad for a first attempt! I masked off the area I wanted to sponge and used yellow papermania pigment ink. I then stamped the flower stamp over it a few times (it was a freebie and I forget where from) and coloured the flowers with a china blue promarker... sadly my camera thought it was more green than blue, but it looks blue-er to the eye... I then stamped the sentiment (which I think might be papermania but I couldn't swear too it) in blue ink and finished with a few gems.

I'm also submitting this for the Colour Create Challenge #94 - Yellow, Blue and White.

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice technique Kerry Louise and it's always good to try something new. I must give it a go!
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.:)
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty layer you created! I love the colors! Glad you liked the technique! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with that technique, Kerry! Thank you for joing us at Colour Create Challege. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.