Followers

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Classic Birthday



I created the background by stamping a Laura Ashley stamp repeatedly with two shades - a paler aqua blue and a slightly darker turquoise - backed it on lighter blue card. Used paper from the sofa nostalgia pack from hot of the press and some ribbon from my stash, tying the bow and adding a gem for a bit of sparkle, then stamped the sentiment (I think it's daisy and dandelion) in two parts.

I have to say, other than the fact I'm not totally happy with the soft nostalgia paper, I really like this card, it has a nice clean slightly classic look. Well I think it does anyway! *grins*

I used this weeks "Just Us Girls" sketch, from challenge #131:



And took my colour inspiration from A Gem of A Challenge #43:

This stunning aquamarine gem stone :)

1 comment:

  1. Stunning Kerry! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.