Followers

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Die Cut Dreams Challenge #106 - Sympathy

Die Cut Dreams had a challenge this time for Sympathy Cards - not a card anyone enjoys having to use, but we all need them sometimes and it makes sense to keep a few handy.



I modelled this on one I did a few weeks ago (here) using the same basic layout and design and the same papers (K & Company), embossed the upper part with swiss dots, but instead of using petaloo flowers I used the lovely image of a calla lily from birds cards coloured with promarkers. I used the same stampin' up sentiment stamp and some ribbon from my stash and added a small bow.

I like this design for sympathy cards - it's very simplistic just like I like a sympathy card to be. I never see the sense in being 'showy' or over the top with a sympathy card - in fact I may make a few more like it in different colours at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely creation, the embossing and colors are beautiful, thanks so much for joining our challenge at Die Cut Dreams
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.